TopClosure can be used for post-traumatic, Surgical, Acute and Chronic skin wounds, that do not respond to conventional wound care. It can remove the need for tension sutures and tissue expanders, along with their associated risks of local ischemia, tearing of tissue and scarring.
TopClosure can be applied non-invasively or invasively, and can be used pre-surgery, during surgery and post-surgery. The system is used to ease and secure reconstructive and aesthetic procedures and to improve healing and aesthetics of wound closure. The system has been on the market for 5 years and has over 1,500 surgical use cases.
Unique selling point
TopClosure can be used for immediate closure of ultra-high tension wounds. It can also be used invasively or non-invasively. The system can be used on any patient and has been used in:-
- Adult patients
- Elderly patients
- Diabetic patients
- Military application
Improving patient outcomes
- Quality of Care improved.
- Less time spent in hospital.
- Quicker recovery time.
- Lowering potential for infection.
- Improved aesthetic results.
Systems/cost benefits to the NHS
- Reduce Costs – Lower surgery time, lower hospital stay
- Improve Quality – improved healing, improved aesthetics, quicker mobility
Savings based on theatre time and Bed Days only, this does not include further savings on products and consultant time:
Tumour Excision (3-5 cm) Savings
30 mins Operating time, 2-8 days of hospital stay,
£1,000 - £2,500 per case
Tumour Excision (5-10 cm) Savings
30 mins Operating time, 4-14 days of hospital stay,
£1,400 - £3,000 per case
Tumour Excision (>10 cm) Savings
60 mins Operating time, 5-16 days of hospital stay,
£3,600 - £3,700 per case
The first UK evaluation is taking place in Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The system has been used for over 5 years with over 1,500 clinical cases outside the United Kingdom.
- A Substitute for Skin Grafts, Flaps, or Internal Tissue Expanders in Scalp Defects Following Tumor Ablative Surgery. Isaac Zilinsky et al. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, Volume 13 Issue 1, January 2014
- Stress-Relaxation and Tension Relief System for Immediate Primary Closure of Large and Huge Soft Tissue Defects : An Old-New Concept. New Concept for Direct Closure of Large Defects. Moris Topaz et al., Medicine Volume 93, Number 28, December 2014
- The TopClosure® 3S System, for skin stretching and a secure wound closure. Moris Topaz et al. European Journal of Plastic Surgery 18 January 2012 DOI 10.1007/s00238-011-0671-1
- Early Surgical Management of Large Scalp Infantile Hemangioma Using the TopClosure® Tension-Relief System. Zhu et al. Medicine, Volume 94, Number 47, November 2015
- Katzengold R et al., Tissue loads applied by a novel medical device for closing large wounds, Journal of Tissue Viability (2015), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jtv.2015.12.003
- TopClosure System adapted to Chelonian Shell Repair, Horowitz et al./Journal of Exotic Pet Medicine 24 (2015), pp 65–70