See the latest news from the innovation community.
Innovation Technology Payment (ITP) launch
The Innovation and Technology Payment (ITP) launched on the 15th June.
- The Innovation and Technology Payment (ITP) builds on the Innovation and Technology Tariff (ITT) and aims to support the NHS in adopting innovation by removing financial or procurement barriers to uptake of innovative products or technologies.
- It is a competitive process to identify innovations and technologies that will offer the greatest quality and efficiency benefits with wider adoption.
- The ITP is looking to support medical devices, digital platforms and technologies. The programme is not suitable for pharmaceutical products or research projects.
- We aim to select a range of cost effective innovations within our budgetary confines in order to have a wide-reaching impact on patient care, and maximise learning from the programme while fostering culture change.
- The ITP is specifically focussed on low cost innovations which can deliver significant patient outcomes and savings to the NHS.
- Applicants can be from healthcare, academia, commercial or voluntary sectors.
- The implementation of any agreed payment mechanism or procurement will be operational from April 2018.
|Featured Case Studies|
Review a selection of Case Studies submitted to the portal.
Developing diabetes is a scary thought! Trying to change to a healthier lifestyle, losing those extra pounds and increasing exercise is not always easy without support. The...
Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust's innovative virtual fracture clinic is proving a big success - cutting the number of times injured patients have had to come in for...
Major surgery particularly in the context of cancer poses a massive physiological and emotional challenge for patients and their families. Post-op pulmonary complications...
People diagnosed with a long-term condition such as Multiple Sclerosis (MS) often accumulate a variety of symptoms which preclude active participation in their usual activities of daily...