The Innovation Scorecard aims to reduce variation and strengthen compliance in the uptake of NICE Technology Appraisals. Publication(S) will assist the NHS to identify variation in uptake and adoption of NICE Technology Appraisals, which, through discussion, can be explained, challenged and acted upon. Click on the link below to view the latest publication.
Click in the links below to view a set of Scorecard Heat Maps
- Grouped Medicines at CCG Level
- Primary Medicines at CCG Level
- Medical Technologies at CCG Level
- Diagnostics at CCG Level
- View earlier heat map data
Click on the Challenging Variation document opposite to view a summary of the latest Innovation Scorecard publication aimed at Regional Medical Directors.
The NHS Constitution defines rights regarding approved treatments, drugs and programmes. It states that patients have the right to:
- Access drugs and treatments that have been recommended by NICE for use in the NHS
- Expect local decisions on funding of other drugs and treatments to be made rationally following a proper consideration of the evidence.
- An explanation if the local NHS decides not to fund a drug or treatment.
Previously led by the Innovation Team at NHS England, the Scorecard continues to be published by the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) but is now led by the Offices for Life Sciences, supported by a multi- disciplinary team comprising of members from the Cabinet Office, Department of Health, NHS England, NICE, ABPI and ABHI. Members together to determine which datasets are required to inform and evolve the scorecard and identify future data collection mechanisms.